LUCHETTI KRELLE is an interior design and architecture studio based in Surry Hills with a focus on hospitality, food-retail and hotel design.
We are currently looking for a talented hospitality interior designer with 6+ YEARS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE for a FULL TIME POSITION. The position is five-days per week. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
As a HOSPITALITY INTERIOR DESIGNER, you will be involved across all stages of the project, assist with collaborative design and Vectorworks detailed documentation. We are seeking a talented, confident, and proactive individual with a passion for design and a willingness to engage with all aspects of our creative studio.
- award winning practice, with a mix of local + international projects.
- focus on hospitality, precinct and placemaking, food-retail and hotel design.
- approachable, friendly team.
- collaborative approach to creative solutions involving all team members, direct contact with our creative directors.
- focus on studio culture + communication.
- core values to support a creative, energetic, reliable and passionate studio.
- social, exercise + cultural activities.
- dog friendly studio space.
- hospitality + food-retail design.
- this may mean exposure to designing food halls, fresh food markets, restaurants, pubs, bars, hotels, wellness spas, F+B outlets.
essential skills required:
- love of all things design, particularly hospitality interiors.
- design flair with an understanding of cutting edge design.
- critical thinking, taking inspiration from sources beyond Instagram + Pinterest.
- working as part of a collaborative design team, as well as being able to take design direction from others.
- exceptional interpretation of design briefs and concepts.
- exceptional visual, written + verbal communication and phone manner.
- experience presenting to others.
- experience assembling look & feel inspiration boards, material & finishes boards, and graphic presentations.
- exposure to local suppliers, sourcing, specifying and scheduling materials, systems, products & furniture items.
- experience with liaising with and maintaining client relationships.
- experience leading & driving a project team (internal & external) to
- strong project management & coordination skills (project team, consultants, contractors).
- strong ability to lead & drive a team to deliver projects on time, on budget, programme, design intent, specification & performance milestones.
- exceptional traditional drafting techniques, ranging from conceptual to construction documentation.
- understanding of interior construction and joinery detailing.
- exposure to procurement coordination of lead times, quotations, approvals, payments and deliveries.
- exposure to local authority approval processes relevant to hospitality design.
- positive, confident, proactive, and methodical with an acute attention to detail.
- exceptional time management skills and an understanding of prioritising tasks.
- team player.
- enthusiastic to work on exciting local, interstate and international projects.
- a self-motivated focus to deliver to tight deadlines, including across multiple projects at one time.
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite.
beneficial but not essential:
- 2D Vectorworks documentation experience within a design studio (or proof of VW drafting proficiency).
- 3D Vectorworks documentation experience.
- proficiency in Windows platform.
- SketchUp modelling experience.
- Enscape rendering experience.
- hand sketching.
- a valid drivers license.
Please send your application BY EMAIL to our STUDIO DIRECTOR, TOMMY FORD email@example.com (no phone calls please) and include the following;
- name, email, phone number & location
- CV outlining your previous experience & education including dates.
- portfolio package including examples of relevant experience and documentation (max. 10MB).
- current references.
- earliest availability to start.
- confirmation that you have uninterrupted rights to work in Australia, including any expiration dates.
- no phone calls please.
- no agency or third-party applications please.
- attach PDF documents directly to your email (max 10 MB).
- no download links please (Google Drive, Dropbox).
- applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- applications submitted directly through the Seek website will not be considered.
- shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.