LUCHETTI KRELLE is an interior design and architecture studio based in Surry Hills with a focus on hospitality, food-retail, hotel design.
We are currently looking for a talented HOSPITALITY INTERIOR DESIGNER with 4-5+ YEARS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE.
- The position is up to five-days per week, however we would consider part-time or freelance offers.
- Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
As a HOSPITALITY INTERIOR DESIGNER, you will be involved across all stages of the project, assist with collaborative design, conceptual 3D visualisations, Vectorworks detailed documentation & managing our studio resource library and suppliers. We are seeking a talented, confident, and proactive individual with a passion for design and a willingness to engage with all aspects of our creative studio.
- award winning practice, with a mix of local + international projects.
- focus on hospitality, food-retail, hotel and single-dwelling residential design.
- approachable, friendly team.
- collaborative approach to creative solutions involving all team members, direct contact with our creative directors.
- focus on studio culture + communication.
- core values to support a creative, energetic, reliable and passionate studio.
- social, exercise + cultural activities.
- dog friendly studio space.
- tertiary qualification in interior design / interior architecture with relevant professional experience.
- hospitality design + documentation experience.
- this may mean exposure to designing restaurants, pubs, bars, hotels, wellness spas, F+B outlets, fresh food halls.
essential skills required:
- love of all things design, particularly hospitality interiors.
- design flair with an understanding of cutting-edge design.
- critical thinking, taking inspiration from sources beyond Instagram + Pinterest.
- working as part of a collaborative design team, as well as being able to take design direction from others & work autonomously.
- exceptional interpretation of design briefs and concepts.
- exceptional visual, written + verbal communication and phone manner.
- experience presenting to others.
- experience assembling look & feel inspiration boards, material & finishes boards.
- experience assembling graphic presentations & preparing competition submission packages.
- strong technical skills, with a passion for resolving design problems.
- strong interior construction and joinery detailing.
- strong traditional drafting techniques, ranging from conceptual to detailed construction documentation.
- understanding of detailing suitable for the pricing & construction of interiors projects.
- exposure to local suppliers, sourcing, specifying and scheduling materials, systems, products & furniture items.
- exposure to procurement coordination of lead times, quotations, approvals, payments and deliveries.
- exposure to local codes, standards, industry knowledge and awareness of trends.
- positive, confident, proactive, and methodical with an acute attention to detail.
- exceptional time management skills and an understanding of prioritising tasks.
- team player & ability to jump in and assist your peers.
- a self-motivated focus to deliver to tight deadlines, including across multiple projects at one time.
- Proficiency in 2D CAD documentation & Scheduling within a design studio.
- proficiency in SKETCHUP modelling.
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop & InDesign).
- proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word & Excel).
beneficial but not essential:
- ENSCAPE rendering experience.
- 2D VECTORWORKS documentation experience within a design studio (or proof of VW drafting proficiency).
- 3D VECTORWORKS documentation experience.
- proficiency in Windows platform.
- hand sketching.
- a valid drivers license.
Please send your application BY EMAIL to our GROUP PRACTICE MANAGER, TOMMY FORD Careers@LuchettiKrelle.com (no phone calls please) and include the following;
- name, email, phone number & location
- CV outlining your previous experience & education including dates.
- portfolio package including examples of relevant experience and documentation (max. 10MB).
- current references.
- earliest availability to start.
- confirmation that you have uninterrupted rights to work in Australia, including any expiration dates.
- no phone calls please.
- no agency or third-party applications please.
- attach PDF documents directly to your email (max 10 MB).
- no download links please (Google Drive, Dropbox).
- applications must be submitted to Careers@LuchettiKrelle.com
- applications submitted directly through the Seek website will not be considered.
- shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.