LUCHETTI KRELLE is an interior design and architecture studio based in Surry Hills with a focus on hospitality, food-retail and hotel design.
We are currently looking for a talented architectural designer (graduate or registered architect) with 5+ YEARS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE for a FULL TIME POSITION. The position is five-days per week. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
As an ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER you will be involved across all stages of projects, assist with collaborative design and detailed documentation. We are seeking a talented, confident, and proactive individual with a passion for design and a willingness to engage with all aspects of our creative studio. You will be working within a creative team of interior designers & overseen by a registered architect.
- award winning practice, with a mix of local + international projects.
- focus on hospitality, precinct and placemaking, hotel design, single-dwelling residential & mixed-use developments.
- approachable, friendly team.
- collaborative approach to creative solutions involving all team members, direct contact with our creative directors.
- focus on studio culture + communication.
- core values to support a creative, energetic, reliable and passionate studio.
- social, exercise + cultural activities.
- dog friendly studio space.
- tertiary qualification in architecture, with relevant professional experience.
- interest in architecture, interior architecture & interior design.
- strong understanding of local/regional planning controls & statutory codes and regulations.
- strong understanding of approval processes (clients, landlords & authorities) and the preparation of submission documentation and reports.
essential skills required:
- love of all things design, particularly hospitality, mixed-use + placemaking.
- design flair with an understanding of cutting edge design.
- critical thinking, taking inspiration from sources beyond Instagram + Pinterest.
- working as part of a collaborative design team, as well as being able to take design direction from others & work autonomously.
- exceptional interpretation of design briefs and concepts.
- exceptional visual, written + verbal communication and phone manner.
- experience presenting to others.
- experience assembling graphic presentations & preparing competition submission packages.
- exposure to local suppliers, sourcing, specifying and scheduling materials, systems & products.
- experience preparing site investigations, site analysis, feasibility & shadow studies.
- experience using 3D modelling as a massing, diagrammatic and conceptual tool.
- experience producing performance specifications, schedules, reports, matrixes, room data sheets.
- experience liaising with clients, project teams, consultants and contractors.
- strong project management & coordination skills.
- experience leading & driving a team to deliver projects on time, on budget, programme, design intent, specification & performance milestones.
- strong technical skills, with a passion for resolving design problems.
- strong traditional drafting techniques, ranging from conceptual to construction documentation.
- understanding of detailing suitable for the pricing & construction of architectural/interiors projects.
- positive, confident, proactive, and methodical with an acute attention to detail.
- exceptional time management skills and an understanding of prioritising tasks.
- team player & ability to jump in and assist your peers.
- enthusiastic to work on exciting local, interstate and international projects.
- a self-motivated focus to deliver to tight deadlines, including across multiple projects at one time.
- proficiency in 2D & 3D documentation (in a transferrable CAD program).
- proficiency in SketchUp modelling.
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop & InDesign).
- proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word & Excel).
beneficial but not essential:
- professional registration as an architect.
- 2D Vectorworks documentation experience within a design studio (or proof of VW drafting proficiency).
- 3D Vectorworks documentation experience.
- proficiency in Windows platform.
- Enscape rendering experience.
- hand sketching.
- a valid drivers license.
Please send your application BY EMAIL to our STUDIO DIRECTOR, TOMMY FORD firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please) and include the following;
- name, email, phone number & location
- CV outlining your previous experience & education including dates.
- portfolio package including examples of relevant experience and documentation (max. 10MB).
- current references.
- earliest availability to start.
- confirmation that you have uninterrupted rights to work in Australia, including any expiration dates.
- no phone calls please.
- no agency or third-party applications please.
- attach PDF documents directly to your email (max 10 MB).
- no download links please (Google Drive, Dropbox).
- applications must be submitted to email@example.com
- applications submitted directly through the Seek website will not be considered.
- shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.