LUCHETTI KRELLE is an interior design and architecture studio based in Surry Hills with a focus on hospitality, hotel, precinct and placemaking, single-dwelling residential design
We are currently looking for a talented GRADUATE ARCHITECT (graduate designer or locally registered architect) with 5+ YEARS ARCHITECTURAL INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE.
- The position is up to five-days per week, however we would consider part-time or freelance offers.
- 3+ years of your experience must have been within Australia.
- 3+ years of your experience must have been on single-dwelling residential through construction to project completion.
- Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
As a GRADUATE ARCHITECT you will be involved across all stages of projects, assist with collaborative design and detailed documentation. We are seeking a talented, confident, and proactive individual with a passion for design and a willingness to engage with all aspects of our creative studio. You will be working within a creative team of interior & architectural designers, and overseen by our in-house registered architect.
- award winning practice, with a mix of local + international projects.
- focus on hospitality, precinct and placemaking, hotel design, single-dwelling residential.
- approachable, friendly team.
- collaborative approach to creative solutions involving all team members, direct contact with our creative directors.
- focus on studio culture + communication.
- core values to support a creative, energetic, reliable and passionate studio.
- social, exercise + cultural activities.
- dog friendly studio space.
- tertiary qualification in architecture, with relevant professional experience.
- interest in architecture, interior architecture & interior design.
- strong understanding of local/regional planning controls, statutory codes and regulations.
- strong understanding of approval pathways and processes (clients, landlords & authorities) and the preparation of submission documentation and reports.
essential skills required:
- love of all things design, particularly single-dwelling residential, hospitality + placemaking solutions.
- design flair with an understanding of cutting-edge design.
- critical thinking, taking inspiration from sources beyond Instagram + Pinterest.
- working as part of a collaborative design team, as well as being able to take design direction from others & work autonomously.
- exceptional interpretation of design briefs and concepts.
- exceptional visual, written + verbal communication and phone manner.
- experience presenting to others.
- experience assembling graphic presentations & preparing competition submission packages.
- exposure to local suppliers, sourcing, specifying and scheduling materials, systems & products.
- experience preparing site investigations, site analysis, feasibility, shadow studies.
- experience using 3D modelling as a massing, diagrammatic and conceptual tool.
- experience producing performance specifications, schedules, reports, matrixes, room data sheets.
- experience liaising with clients, project teams, consultants and contractors.
- strong project management, project delivery & coordination skills (particularly on single-dwelling residential projects).
- experience leading & driving a team to deliver projects on time, on budget, programme, design intent, specification & performance milestones.
- strong technical skills, with a passion for resolving design problems.
- strong traditional drafting techniques, ranging from conceptual to detailed construction documentation.
- understanding of detailing suitable for the pricing & construction of architectural projects (particularly on single-dwelling residential projects).
- positive, confident, proactive, and methodical with an acute attention to detail.
- exceptional time management skills and an understanding of prioritising tasks.
- team player & ability to jump in and assist your peers.
- enthusiastic to work on exciting local, interstate and international projects.
- a self-motivated focus to deliver to tight deadlines, including across multiple projects at one time.
- proficiency in 2D & 3D documentation (in a transferrable CAD program).
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop & InDesign).
- proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word & Excel).
beneficial but not essential:
- professional registration as an architect within Australia
- professional registration as an architect overseas (comparable skills to Australian registration requirements)
- 2D VECTORWORKS documentation experience within a design studio (or proof of VW drafting proficiency).
- 3D VECTORWORKS documentation experience.
- proficiency in SKETCHUP modelling.
- proficiency in Windows platform.
- ENSCAPE rendering experience.
- hand sketching.
- a valid drivers license.
Please send your application BY EMAIL to our GROUP PRACTICE MANAGER, TOMMY FORD Careers@LuchettiKrelle.com (no phone calls please) and include the following;
- name, email, phone number & location
- CV outlining your previous experience & education including dates.
- portfolio package including examples of relevant experience and documentation (max. 10MB).
- current references.
- earliest availability to start.
- confirmation that you have uninterrupted rights to work in Australia, including any expiration dates.
- no phone calls please.
- no agency or third-party applications please.
- attach PDF documents directly to your email (max 10 MB).
- no download links please (Google Drive, Dropbox).
- applications must be submitted to Careers@LuchettiKrelle.com
- applications submitted directly through the Seek website will not be considered.
- shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.